What Happens To Your Body When You Quit Smoking
– 20 minutes: Blood pressure and pulse decrease to normal levels
– 8 hours: The amount of oxygen in the blood return to normal. The risk of heart attack begins to decrease. Skin temperature began to rise.
– 24 hours: The amount of CO in the blood begins to be eliminated. Lung begins the process of self-purification and reflex of cough to eliminate sputum. 70% began increased appetite feeling.
– 48 hours: appetite and taste begin to improve.
– 1 week: Sleep back to normal.
– 2 weeks to 3 months: The blood circulation and ventilatory function in the body is improved
– 1-9 months: The symptoms like coughing, mucus secretion, fatigue, shortness of breath decrease. Villi of bronchial mucosa cells back to normal operation. Reduce ventilatory dysfunction speed for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
– 1-2 years: The risk of myocardial infarction was reduced by 20-50%. Reduce the rate of relapse and increase the success rate of treatment, coronary artery surgery.
– 5 years: The risk of stroke was reduced to as low as nonsmokers after 5-15 years of quitting.
– 10 years: The risk of death from lung cancer was reduced by half compared with people who continue to smoke; the risk of cancers of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney and pancreas also decrease. The speed of development, metastasis of cancer is slower than smokers. The risk of heart attack as nonsmokers return.
Quitting is never late,
Please contemplate to quit smoking now and forever
||Your body got used to nicotine, the amount of it decreases that will make you feel hungry so that you smoke.
||This feeling usually lasts only 1-5 minutes. Let’s do something makes it reduce- drink water, deep breathing …
|Lost concentrate, you like being on the sky
||This may be due to the lack of nicotine in the blood. Remember that your brain was used to working in the presence of nicotine and now have to work without nicotine.
||Work slowly, does not try for a few days. Do Exercise, work less interspersed with more recess time. Note whether you normal eating?
||This is reflective of lung self-cleaning. After stopping smoking the cilia help clean the lungs start working again. They will push mucus from the small bronchi to the large one and was coughing out.
||Drink warm water can reduce cough and clears up after 1 to 2 weeks.
|Tension and irritability
||Because the amount of nicotine in the blood decreases, your chemical composition changes. Your body is trying to cope with such changes. So it makes you feel tense and irritable
||Take a walk, soak in warm water, and do some stretching exercises. Talk to someone about your feelings
||Nicotine is the chemical stimulates brain cells create excitement. It takes some time for your body produce chemicals that balance natural stimulant instead of nicotine. During this adjustment you can again feel sad.
||A simple exercise such as walking for 5-10 minutes that can make you changes. This condition will go away gradually, not to worry.
|Feelings of hunger fast
||Metabolized in your body is back to normal
||Eat small meals which little energy as popcorn, carrots, plums or something. Try to eat small meals and drink much water.
||Your brain is learning to work without nicotine. Narcotic substances in your brain may be affected during this re-tune.
||Soaking in warm water, drink a glass of warm milk before bedtime. Maybe reading something or listening to music.
Some other symptoms can occur such as dry mouth, sore throat, headache, gastrointestinal disorders, fatigue, watery eyes, mouth ulcers and gain weight.
Readmore: What Happens To Your Body When You Quit Smoking
The most notable point here is to gain weight. Not all of them gain weight after quitting. Average quitting may increase approximately 2 kg. The cause may be quitters act less, and more common are people quit smoking often eat instead of smoking. Fortunately, this weight gain can be avoided.
– Eat 3 to 6 small meals daily rather than eating a lot in one meal
– Avoid fats flavors.
– Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables
– Keeping work performance, more exercise (eg walking …)
– Visit Quit Smoking Tips Q&A – How To Quit Smoking For Good
If you continue to gain weight, do not fear. Your body may need time to get familiar with the situation without nicotine. If you eat a balanced diet, avoid eating too much, exercising regularly, you’ll lose weight. And remember that the benefits of quitting smoking are far more valuable than the caused by the increase of a few kilograms.
Source: How To Quit Smoking Tip BLOG